Composition of the Union Cabinet 2019

As of May 31, 2019 there are 25 cabinet ministers including the prime minister. (Source: india.gov.in).

1.

Shri Raj Nath Singh Minister of Defence.

2.

Shri Amit Shah Minister of Home Affairs.

3.

Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari Minister of Road Transport and Highways; and
Minister of Micro, Small and MediumEnterprises.

4.

Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers.

5.

Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman Minister of Finance; and MinisterofCorporateAffairs.

6.

Shri Ramvilas Paswan Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and PublicDistribution.

7.

Shri Narendra Singh Tomar MinisterofAgricultureandFarmersWelfare; Minister of Rural Development;and
Minister of Panchayati Raj.

8.

Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Minister of Law and Justice; Minister of Communications; and
Minister of Electronics and InformationTechnology.

9.

Smt. HarsimratKaur Badal Minister of Food Processing Industries.

10.

Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.

11.

Dr. SubrahmanyamJaishankar Minister of External Affairs.

12.

Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ Minister of Human Resource Development.

13.

Shri Arjun Munda Minister of Tribal Affairs.

14.

Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani Minister of Women and Child Development; and Minister of Textiles.

15.

Dr. Harsh Vardhan Minister of Health and Family Welfare; Minister of Science and Technology; and Minister of Earth Sciences.

16.

Shri Prakash Javadekar Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; and
Minister of Information and Broadcasting.

17.

Shri Piyush Goyal Minister of Railways; and
Minister of Commerce and Industry.

18.

Shri Dharmendra Pradhan Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas; and Minister of Steel.

19.

Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Minister of Minority Affairs.

20.

Shri Pralhad Joshi Minister of Parliamentary Affairs; Minister of Coal; and
Minister of Mines.

21.

Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey Minister of Skill Development andEntrepreneurship.

22.

Shri Arvind Ganpat Sawant Minister of Heavy Industries and PublicEnterprise.

23.

Shri Giriraj Singh Minister of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.

88% or 22 Cabinet ministers are from BJP while the remaining 12% or 3 Cabinet Ministers are from

  1. Shiromani Akali Dal
  2. Lok Janshakti Party
  3. Shiv Sena

10 ministers hold more than one portfolio and out of which 3 of them hold 3 portfolios each.
 
 
In addition to these, there are also 9 Ministers of State with independent charge and 24 Ministers of state.
Overall, the Union Council of Ministers consists of 58 ministers from 21 states. These include the PM, Cabinet Ministers , MoS (Independent Charge) & MoS.
The states that don’t have any ministers in Union Council of Ministers 2019 include:

  1. Kerala
  2. TamilNadu
  3. Andhra Pradesh
  4. Sikkim
  5. Meghalaya
  6.  Tripura
  7. Manipur
  8. Mizoram
  9. Nagaland

Data Source: https://www.india.gov.in/my-government/whos-who/council-ministers